Bay County would like to expand our community’s list of licensed contractors and builders to help repair homes damaged by Hurricane Michael. Specifically, we are looking for contractors with expertise in the following areas:
- Garage Door Installation/Repair
- Heating & Air Conditioning
- Home Inspections
- Lawn Service & Tree Removal
- Septic Systems
Invitation to General Contractors and Construction Skilled Trades to Participate in Bay County’s Housing Programs
Bay County Housing Services Division is soliciting applications from General Contractors and Construction Skilled Trades to participate in our housing programs. These programs allow for emergency repairs such as, roofs, electrical, HVAC and septic repairs or home replacements and owner-occupied renovations to single family residences located within the jurisdiction of Bay County, according to specifications prepared and provided by Bay County Housing Services and Rebuild Bay County Inc. Upon acceptance and placement on the Pre-Qualified Vendor List, Requests for Quotes will be provided as they become available.
Basic contractor requirements for acceptance are, but not limited to, the following:
1) Active general contractor, building contractor, or applicable skilled trades license;
2) General Liability, Auto Liability, and Workman’s Compensation insurance in accordance with Bay County Insurance Requirements;
3) County and City Business Tax Receipts; and
4) Local construction rehabilitation project experience. (Copies of these documents must be attached to your application).
General, Building, and/or Skilled Trades Contractors proficient in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
1) General principles of rehabilitation construction or skilled trades
2) City, County, and State Building Codes; and
3) Experience with County/municipal construction rehabilitation assistance programs.
General and/or Building Contractors/Skilled Trades will be expected to:
1) Submit permits for construction repairs as required;
2) Perform quality work;
3) Abide by and adhere to all conditions of the housing programs;
4) Complete repairs/contracts on time and within budget;
5) Follow sound financial business practices; and,
6) Establish harmonious rapport with staff and contracted homeowners.
To be added to the Bay County Housing Services Pre-Qualified Vendor List, please contact Tammy Harris, Bay County Housing Program Manager, at the below information.
Bay County Housing Services
840 W. 11th Street, Suite 2700
Panama City, FL 32405
or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minority and women’s business enterprises are invited to participate as prime contractors and are encouraged to make inquiries regarding potential sub-contracting opportunities, equipment, material and/or supply needs.
Bay County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bay County hereby notifies all vendors that it will affirmatively ensure that a contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement will be afforded the full opportunity to submit quotes in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status in consideration for an award.