Eligibility Survey & Application Form
Step 1: Housing Assistance Survey
Complete our short (less than five minutes) survey to determine which ReHouse Bay programs meet your needs and if you’re eligible to apply.
Step 2: Apply for Assistance
ReHouse Bay offers assistance for low to moderate income individuals facing housing hardships from Hurricane Michael, COVID or other unexpected challenges. Here is how ReHouse Bay can help:
– Making repairs to your home that was damaged from Hurricane Michael
– Homeowners facing foreclosure
– Renter’s facing eviction
– Renter’s needing assistance with first month’s rent, security deposit and/or utility deposit
– Low and moderate income first time home buyers needing down payment assistance
If you’ve completed the Housing Assistance Survey above and identified a program that is right for you, fill out the online application
Step 1: Submit your application
Step 2: Upload required documentation
Step 3: Be on the lookout for a call/email from a ReHouse Bay Case Manager
Step 4: Attend an Intake Interview
Step 5: Receive a letter of award
Step 6: ReHouse Bay provides your assistance directly to lenders, landlords or utility providers
– If you are a first time home buyer seeking down payment assistance, the ReHouse Bay program may take more than 45-days from the Intake Interview (step 4 above) to complete all state required program compliance documentation, counseling and inspection. First time home buyers interested in assistance through ReHouse Bay are strongly encouraged to work with ReHouse Bay prior to finding a home and setting a closing date.
– ReHouse Bay funds are limited and based on income eligibility and household size.
– Submitting multiple applications may result in delayed assistance. Applications are processed on a “first come, first serve, first qualified” basis.**
Alternatively, you may download a copy of our application or pick up a paper copy and submit in-person at:
City of Panama City Community Development Office
City Hall, Second Floor, Room 206
501 Harrison Avenue, Panama City FL 32401
Helpful Information for Completing your Application
- The application should take around 20 minutes to complete. It includes detailed questions about your household, what type of assistance you are seeking, and specific program eligibility requirements.
- You will be asked to create a username and password to start your application. This will allow you to save and return to your application if you are unable to answer all the questions at one time. Please read questions carefully and answer them completely and to the best of your ability. Please be sure to select the “submit” button to send your application.
- All applications are subject to eligibility review. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant will qualify for or receive assistance from ReHouse Bay.
- If you have already submitted an application, you do not need to submit a new application. You will be contacted by ReHouse Bay regarding your application and request for assistance.
- If you have any questions or concerns about ReHouse Bay programs, please contact us.